CSG offers multiple services to support individuals of all ages with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), including outpatient therapy, community based services, and adult residential homes specializing in autism care.
Knowing the Signs of Autism Spectrum Disorder
Individuals with ASD exhibit a range of symptoms, which is why it’s important to seek diagnosis from a trained professional. According to the Centers for Disease Control, a child with early signs of autism spectrum disorder might:
- Not respond to their name by 12 months of age
- Not point at objects to show interest by 14 months
- Not play "pretend" games by 18 months
- Avoid eye contact and want to be alone
- Have trouble understanding other people's feelings or talking about their own feelings
- Have delayed speech and language skills
- Repeat words or phrases over and over (echolalia)
- Give unrelated answers to questions
- Get upset by minor changes
- Have obsessive interests
- Rapid and repetitive hand movement, rocking back and forth, and spinning in circles
- Have unusual reactions to the way things sound, smell, taste, look, or feel
Autism in Children
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) affects an estimated one out of every 68 children. Children with this disorder may experience challenges with social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, and expected behavior across settings. Our team of specialists focuses on early intervention and a combination of school and home-based care that can reduce symptoms and promote growth and development.
Find PA Autism Services Near You
Community Services Group provides services throughout central and northeastern Pennsylvania.
To make an appointment, a referral or simply for more information on CSG, please call us toll-free at: 1-877-907-7970.