Tools & Resources
Below you’ll find local and industry resources, tools and links. We hope you find the information provided here helpful.
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD)
- Weisman Center – A research center on developmental disabilities
- www.qualitymall.org – Person-centered services
- Institutionalization of the Mentally Retarded – A Summary and Analysis of State Laws Governing Admission to Residential Facilities, and Legal Rights and Protections of Institutionalized Patients
- Pennsylvania’s Illegal Institutionalization of More Than 1,200 People with Mental Retardation Challenged – Lawsuit Filed on 10th Anniversary of Supreme Court Decision to Ban Unnecessary Segregation of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities
- Understanding Medicaid Home and Community Services – A Primer – An outstanding overview of Medicaid and the Home and Community Waiver.
Child & Youth Services
- Autism National Committee – Dedicated to “Social Justice” for all citizens with Autism
- Autism Society of America – Information, news, research, and action alerts
- Autistics.org – Resources by and for persons with Autism
- CHADD – Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
- Families for Early Autism Treatment – FEAT offers articles, information and links
- Pyramid Educational Consultants, Inc – Training and educational specialists
- Autism Research Foundation – Features news, research articles and information, organizational information, and an internal link to the Autism Research Consortium.
- Medline Plus Autism – This National Library of Medicine web site includes government resources, overviews in English and Spanish, a built-in Medline search on autism, and sections covering basic science and research, news, and clinical trials.
- U.C. Davis M.I.N.D. Institute – Site of this interdisciplinary research facility contains sections devoted to news and events, research and clinical programs, education, and web resources.
- Yale Child Study Center Developmental Disabilities Clinic & Research – Site contains separate topic areas covering autism, Rett’s Syndrome, Asperger’s Syndrome, and other Pervasive Developmental Disorders.